So I’m spending the summer in Nairn with my family and I’m back waitressing and waiting tables and making lattes. I may not be blogging as much but I’ll try for once a week. This is my list of 5 cultural things I’m looking forward to this summer:
1) Game of Thrones Season 7. I’m so excited for it!!! I feel like I’ve been years like everyone else! I don’t have Sky so I don’t know how I’m going to watch it but I’ll find a way. Click here for the Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer
2) Wimbledon. My sister and I have a yearly thing that I do a puzzle while she watches Wimbledon and we do this every summer. Although I never understand what’s going on, it feels like my summer hasn’t started until Wimbledon is on.
3) My Cousin Rachel. I saw a trailer for this when I went to see Whisky Galore and I thought it looked fantastic. I wrote my final English A-level piece on Rebecca because I was studying the Gothic and I always love adaptions of Daphne Du Maurice’s books. They’re never what you expect.
4) The Handlebards: A Midsummer Nights Dreams. The Handlebards a Shakespeare troupe who cycle to all their locations on their tour, performing somewhere different each night and using only the bikes and props they can carry on their bikes. The group of four girls are performing As You Like and the group of boys are performing A Midsummer nights dream which is what my family and are hopefully going to go and see on the 18th August. It’s chaotic, multirolling, cross dressing outdoor theatre which while staying true to the text, is accessible to everyone. I’d higlt recommend seeing them if they’re going to be performing near you. Click here for more information.
5) The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce. Rachel Joyce is one of my favourite authors at the moment and I feel like I’ve been waiting a lifetime for her to write a new book. I’d highly recommend all her other books too but I’m so excited for the Music Shop.
What are you looking forward to this summer? Have I missed anything from my list?